Content marketing – have you heard of it?
My guess is yes.
I’m also willing to guess that you’ve realized it’s a bit more complicated than “writing and publishing stuff”.
So, we’ve gone ahead and organized the most commonly asked for topics regarding content marketing and created an ultimate guide featuring some AMAZING resources.
Table Of Contents
- How To Plan Your Content Schedule
- How To Write Epic Content
- Promote A Blog Post
- How To Leverage Link Round Ups
- How To Do Guest Blogging
- Where To Do Content Syndication
- How To Do Influencer Marketing
- How to find and identify influencers
- How to pitch influencers
- The Best Of Social Media Marketing
- How To Build An Email List
- How To Optimze Your Content For Search
- Other Advanced Guides to Content Marketing
- Epic Content Marketing Case Studies
- Measuring ROI Of Content Marketing
- Top Content Marketing Blogs
- Content Marketing Plugins
How To Plan Your Content Schedule
Content marketing starts with planning, and this is the first make that just about every new content marketing makes.
You can’t simply just write and publish articles at your leisure.
You need to have a strategy. That means picking what articles are published when.
Personally, I like to publish an article once a week on Tuesdays. Having an editorial calendar makes me certain that I’m never going to run out of ideas at the last minute (yes, this will happen if you don’t plan ahead).
- How To: Plan Your Content Calendar Like a Pro
- How to Build a Content Calendar
- How to Plan Your Blog Posts for a Year in Advance
How To Write Epic Content
Now that you’ve planned out the content you’re going to write and when it’s going to be published – you have to make it epic.
You hear the word epic thrown around a lot. Believe it or not, there is more or less a definition.
It’s not just about length or content but also design, creativity, and originality.
These posts will tell you how to write stuff that people will want to share.
- 7 Ways to Write Epic Shit
- The Secret Step-by-Step Process to Write Epic Content
- How to Write Epic Blog Posts that Rank Well
- The B2B Content Creation Masterclass
- 4 Simple Steps To Create Any Kind Of Content
Promote A Blog Post
You thought you were done, didn’t you?
You already planned and published epic content, what more could there be left?
Well, as I said before, content marketing is not as simple as it comes across – you have to promote everything you write.
The idea of content promotion may be new to you, but for the most part, it’s a relatively simple checklist you just have to execute on.
- 31 Ways To Promote Blog Posts & Get Blog Traffic
- 25 Smart Ways to Promote Your Latest Blog Post
- How to Promote Your Blog Post to Get 1,000 Shares
- 18 Awesome Ideas For Content Promoting And More Traffic
- 56 Ridiculously Effective Tactics For How To Promote Your Blog
How To Leverage Link Round Ups
Now we’re going to start to get into the specific tactics.
You’re writing, publishing, and promoting epic content – but you still have to get out there.
One tactic is getting your post featured in a link round up.
- The Ultimate Guide To Link Round Up Posts
- How To Organize A Killer Round Up Post That Gets 300+ Shares
- 20+ Blog Link Roundups to Get Traffic From
- How To Build Links And Traffic From Link Roundups
How To Do Guest Blogging
Curious as to what I’m doing now?
It’s called guest blogging, and it means writing a post on someone else’s website.
Guest blogging is a fantastic way to get yourself featured in front of a new audience.
There thousands of websites that accept guest posts – you just need to find them and reach out to them.
- The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging
- The Definitive Guide To Guest Posting For Traffic
- Matt Cutts Says ‘Stop’ Guest Blogging for SEO: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Where To Do Content Syndication
Did you know there are places that will syndicate your content for free?
Imagine the power in getting your content featured in front of thousands of visitors that do not even regularly visit your website.
In fact some of the biggest sites on the internet like Business Insider syndicate content.
- Content Syndication: How to Get Started
- The 101 on Content Syndication: Who, What, Where, When and Why
- Four Ways To Safely Syndicate Content
How To Do Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is my specialty. It’s all about getting the big guys, i.e bloggers and social media enthusiasts to work with you on your articles and hopefully even promote your business.
How to find and identify influencers
- Amplify Your Content Strategy with Influencer Marketing
- Influence Marketing: How to Find Your Industry Leaders
- Influencer Marketing Strategy – Where To Find Influencers
How to pitch influencers
- Influencer Outreach Best Practices: Preparing the Pitch
- How to Pitch Your Content to an Influencer
- The ABCs of pitching to influencers
The Best Of Social Media Marketing
You can’t forget about social media when talking about content marketing – the two are like brothers from another mother.
We’ve handpicked a few articles from each of the different platforms to give you the full spectrum of what you can do with social media.
- Facebook Marketing
- Social Media Best Practices
- 56 Ways to Market Your Business on Pinterest
- 5 Reasons Linkedin is Boring in a Good Way
- 5 Instagram Tools to Better Manage Your Marketing
- 7 Ways to Leverage YouTube Marketing to Improve Sales
How To Build An Email List
Have you ever stopped to wonder why you’re getting all this traffic?
Often, it’s to build an email list. If you not building an email list right now – stop, and rethink that.
An email list is arguably the most critical asset that a blogger has, because open rates can easily be 20-30%+.
This means if you have a thousand people on your list, you’re guaranteed to get 300 people reading a newsletter broadcast you send out.
How To Optimize Your Content For Search
Ah SEO – this I know you’ve heard of.
Although I don’t usually recommend that new bloggers focus on SEO, it’s definitely a strategy that you need to be familiar with.
- Optimizing Content for Search Engines and Users
- Content Optimization for Search Engines
- How to Optimize Your Content for Social and Search
Other Advanced Guides to Content Marketing
Not satisfied yet?
The truth is that all of these articles are still just scratching the surface on content marketing (but they’re an incredibly start).
If you want to dive deeper into it, we’ve collected some ultimate guides for you.
Epic Content Marketing Case Studies
If you want to see this put into practice, check out these case studies. Personally, I find case studies are the best way to learn how to execute something.
- Six case studies that prove the power of content marketing
- 11 Examples of Killer B2B Content Marketing Campaigns
- 126 Must Read Traffic Generation Case Studies
Measuring ROI Of Content Marketing
If you’re having doubts about the merits of all of this, I recommend checking out these articles on measuring the RIO of content marketing.
Yes, it can be a very valuable strategy, though not for everyone.
We’ve made it work for our business and perhaps you can to if you have the write model.
Top Content Marketing Blogs
Last but not least, some other content marketing blogs to follow.
Put these in your RSS feed and pick out the interesting articles daily. You’ll be a CM pro in no time!
Content Marketing Plugins
The key to successful content marketing is having everything organized and easy to access.
From plugins that let you organize links and contents to plugins that help you increase your content marketing success!
- Curated List Manager and KnowledgeBase Plugin for WordPress
- Premium WordPress Plugins Extensions and Add-Ons
- WordPress Business Directory
Outsourcing Marketing Tasks
Still think all this is way over your bandwidth?
Need some extra marketing pros to help you execute your content marketing plan?
That’s ok – maybe hiring a VA can help.