Sometimes what the internet needs is not great content, but an ultimate business resource guide that organize the great content that is already written.
This article does that.
I have organized 131 great articles from talented bloggers like Pat, Chris, Neil, Glen, Charles, Matt as well as well known magazines such as Huffington Post, Forbes, and Entrepreneur into topics related to starting and growing a business - from start to finish.
If you know of any more, please leave them in the comments!
Download this PDF
Table Of Contents
- Things You Need To Know Before Starting A Business
- What To Start Growing A Business About
- How To Get Funding For Your Business
- How To Pitch Your Business To Investors
- How To Run A Kick Starter Campaign
- How To Do Competitive Research For Your Business
- How To Define Your Target Market
- How To Find Your Target Market
- How To Start A Website For Your Business
- How To Price Your Service Or Product
- How To Market Your Business
- How To Use Google Adwords To Grow Your Business
- How To Use Social Media For Your Business
- How To Use Facebook For Your Business
- How To Use Twitter For Your Business
- How To Use Pinterest For Your Business
- Growing a Business How To Hire People
- How To Be A Good Manager
- How To Fire People
- How To Outsource Your Business
- How To Increase Sales
- How To Lower Costs For Your Business
- How To Bring Traffic To Your Business
- How To Do Taxes Or Your Business
- How To Meet Other Business Owners
- Case Studies On Successful Businesses
- Great Resources For Business Owners
- The Best Business Pod Casts
- The Best Business Forums
- The Best Business Books
- The Best Business Blogs
Things You Need To Know Before Starting A Business
Many people want to start a business, but few know what to really expect. Dig into these articles to hear from people who have been there.
- 5 Invaluable Lessons Before Diving In
- 21 Things To Research Before Starting A Business
- 10 Things You'll Overlook When Starting A Business
What To Start A Business About
If you're determined to start a business, you need to decide what kind of business it's going to be.
- 5 Businesses You Can (and Probably Should) Start Now
- What Type of Business Should You Start?
- Need a Business Idea? Here are 55
- 50 Businesses You Can Start In Your Spare Time
How To Get Funding For Your Business
If your business requires capital to get started and you don't have it, you are going to need to secure funding.
- 8 Clever Ways To Raise Money For Your Start Up
- 10 Creative Ways To Get Your Business Funded
- 5 Ways of Funding A Business: How To Get Your Piece Of The Pie
- Startup Business Financing
How To Pitch Your Business To Investors
Your pitch should not be overlooked if you are going to be asking for funding.
- 9 Lessons In Entrepreneurship From Shark Tank
- 6 Steps to the Perfect Pitch
- 7 Tips For Pitching Your Entrepreneurial Idea, Whether To Angels Or Sharks
- 15 Dumb Mistakes to Avoid When Pitching Investors
How To Run A Kick Starter Campaign
A kick start campaign might be a better alternative than pitching investors in the traditional sense, but it has to be executed properly.
- 7 Do-It-Yourself Tricks to Run a Successful Kickstarter Campaign
- 10 Ways to Run the Most Successful Kickstarter Campaign Possible
- How to Run a Successful Kickstarter Campaign: Insights From RingSafe
How To Do Competitive Research For Your Business
Once you've picked your niche and have the means to operate it, you should do some competitive research to get a feel for the playing field.
- Understand Your Competitors
- 6 Ways to Find Out What Your Competition Is Up To
- 10 Tips on How to Research Your Competition
- Creating a Competitive Advantage
How To Define Your Target Market
Within you market you have to decide which customers you are going to be targeting. This is one of the important yet easily overlooked steps and it is integral for everything that comes afterwards.
- How Do You Identify Your Target Market
- 23 Answers You Need To Define Your Target Market
- Define a Target Market for Your Small Business
- 6 Steps To Decoding Your Target Audience
- How to Define Your Target Market
- 11 Questions That Will Define Your Target Audience
How To Find Your Target Market
Now that you've defined your target market, you have to reach out to them.
- How To Find And Engage Your Target Audience For Profit
- Guaranteed Success: How to Find Your Target Market So Content Sticks
- Do You Know Your Target Market? How to Find Out…
- 5 steps you must take to reach your target customer
How To Start A Website For Your Business
Not all businesses require websites, but the majority do. Here's how to start a website for your business.
- How to Start a Website For Business
- How to Choose the Right Domain Name
- 20 Plus Ways to Build a Website or Web Presence
How To Price Your Service Or Product
This is one of the most difficult aspects of your business - what do you charge?
- Pricing Products and Services
- Price your product or service
- How to Price Your Products
- 10 Questions to Ask When Pricing Your Product
- Pricing Strategy
How To Market Your Business
Now you will have to promote your business. There are many ways to market it, consider these.
- 5 Things You Can Do To Promote Your Website
- 10 Inexpensive Ways to Advertise Your Small Business
- 15 Sites for Promoting Your Local Business
- Eight easy ways to promote your small business for free
- 17 Advertising Ideas for Small Businesses
- 63 Free (or Almost Free) Ways to Market Your Business
How To Use Google Adwords For Your Business
Due to the reach of Google, Adwords is a popular platform for advertising your business
How To Use Social Media For Your Business
Social media is one, powerful tool for catapulting your business ahead, but few know how to use it properly.
- How To Use Social Media To Promote Your Small Business
- Guide to Using Social Media for Marketing
- 30 Tips for Using Social Media in Your Business
How To Use Facebook For Your Business
Facebook in and of itself deserves some specific attention in regards to social media.
- Hacking Facebook - Relevant Likes And Clicks At Low Cost
- My PPC Case Study
- What Is Shared The Most On Facebook
- 1 Dollar Per Day Facebook Ads
- How To Steal Your Competitors Facebook Fans
- 32 Ways to Use Facebook for Business
- 4 Unique Ways to Use Facebook for Your Business
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing
- 7 Ways to Use Facebook for Marketing
- A Guide to Using Facebook for Business
How To Use Twitter For Your Business
Twitter is not just a place for teenage girls to abuse hash tags - it is great for businesses as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Twitter Marketing
- How To Steal Your Competitors Twitter Fans
- How to Use Twitter for Business and Marketing
- 31 Twitter Tips: How To Use Twitter Tools And Twitter Best Practices For Business
- 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business
How To Use Pinterest For Your Business
Pinterest has become one of the largest social media networks in a very short amount of time.
- 26 Ways to Make Pinterest Work for Your Business
- 9 Tips: Boost Your Business With Pinterest
- Using Pinterest To Promote Your Business
- How to get the most out of Pinterest for your small business
- 10 Ways to Use Pinterest for your Ecommerce Business
How To Hire People
In order to grow your business you will likely need help. Knowing how to hire effective people is an essential skill.
- How To Hire A VA
- How to Hire Awesome Employees
- How to Hire Great Employees
- Top 10 Tips for Hiring the Right Employee
How To Be A Good Manager
If you're business grows and you hire people, you will need to learn how to manage them.
- 6 Fundamentals That Can Make You A Better Manager In 2014
- How to Be a Good Manager: 8 Quick Tips
- 48 Things Every Good Boss Needs to Know
How To Fire People
Unfortunately firing people is a necessary part of running a good business.
- How to Fire an Employee
- The Best Way to Fire an Employee
- Dealing with Firing or Laying off an Employee
- How to Fire Someone
How To Outsource Your Business
Depending on your business, you might benefit from outsourcing.
- 101 Tasks You Can Outsource to Virtual Staff to Grow Your Business!
- How to Build a Better Business with Outsourcing
- Outsourcing Frees Small Business Owners to Focus
How To Increase Sales
Now we need to grow your business.
- How to Improve Your Sales
- 12 Ways to Increase Online Sales
- Are You Using These 25 Sales Techniques to Increase Sales?
How To Lower Costs For Your Business
In addition to increasing revenue you are going to want to lower costs to maximize profits.
- 7 Ways to Reduce Operating Expenses in Your Business
- Ways to Cut Your Businesses Costs and Reduce Business Overheads
- 5 Ways to Reduce Your Business Expenses Right Now
- 7 Tips for Reducing Your Overhead Costs
How To Bring Traffic To Your Business
The more people who interact with your business, the more sales opportunities you have.
- 10 Tips to Drive Foot Traffic to Your Business
- 7 ways to get foot traffic to your retail store
- How to Strategically Increase Your Business’s Foot Traffic
- 7 Different Types of Content You Can Use To Drive Traffic
- 5 Powerful Ways To Boost Your Blog Traffic For Beginners To Blogging
How To Do Taxes For Your Business
That dreaded time of the year when we all must do our taxes.
- How to File Federal Income Taxes for Small Businesses
- Do You Know How to Handle Your Small Business’ Taxes?
How To Meet Other Business Owners
Networking with other business owners is pivotal to being a successful businessman.
- How To Choose The Right Business Partners
- Why You Shouldn't Start An Online Business With Your Significant Other
Case Studies On Successful Businesses
There is a reason that case studies are so prevalent in business school - because we all need to learn from each other's successes and mistakes.
- Case Studies and Success Stories
- Who Dares Wins - Success Through Intelligent Risk
- Case Studies: How to Build Online Businesses
Great Resources For Business Owners
Helpful resources to propel your business forward.
- 25 Incredible Business Resources
- The Five Best Small-Business Resources You're Not Using
- 20 Must Have Tools For Small Businesses
- Resources for Women in Small Business
- 25 Essential Online Resources to Grow Your Business
- 8 Best Website Resources to Grow Your Small Business
The Best Business Pod Casts
If you prefer audio over text, check out some of these recommended business podcasts.
- My Highly Recommended List Of Best Business Podcasts 2013
- Small Business Top 100 Podcast List: The 2013 Edition
- The 7 Best Podcasts for Business Users
- 16 Must-Listen Business Podcasts
- Top 16 Entrepreneur Podcasts for 2013
- The NinjaOutreach Traction Podcast Album 2015
The Best Business Forums
Another great way to network with like-minded business folks is through forums.
- Exchange Advice. Make Smart Decisions
- 10 Forums Every Young Entrepreneur Should Belong To
- Top 7 Free Online Small Business Forums
- Best Small Business Forums In USA
- Top 10 Forums Every Small Business Should Belong To
The Best Business Books
I pretty much read business books exclusively - each brings with it its own lessons.
- The 25 Most Influential Business Management Books
- The 13 Most Popular Bus. Books Of 2013
- Best Bus. Books 2013
- 10 Pivotal Books That Changed the Lives of Millionaires
- The 100 Best Business Books of All Time
FEATURED: 12 Game-Changing Business Books
The Best Business Blogs
The bloggers in these round-up posts provide fantastic business resources for free!