Do you suck at boosting your email subscription?
Are you looking for proven ways that most successful marketers use to rapidly grow their email list?
Well, the money is really in the list. If you are not building an email list yet, you should start doing it from TODAY.
Let’s talk about why should you do it and how to use insider list building strategies to quickly grow a huge email list. Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
Why Build an Email List?
Let’s talk about the first things first. Why should you go after boosting your email subscription in the first place.
Did you know that every $1 spent on email marketing can give you a whooping ROI of $40?
Email marketing ROI beats all the remaining strategies such as SEO, banner ads, paid ads etc? Have a look at the below image and you will know.
Not only that, an email list can help you
- Build strong relationships with your target audience
- Educate your subscribers about the products or services you promote
- Boost your blog’s traffic and sales and what not?
I guess by now, you have realized the importance of building an email list.
Now comes the most important question - how to build and grow a HUGE email list without spending much?
Well, that’s what you are going to discover in this post. Here are 5 insider strategies to build a massive email list. Are you ready? Let’s dive into the details without further ado.
How to Quickly Grow Your Email Subscription?
Tip 1: Build a Rapid Email List with Welcome Mat
What is welcome Mat?
Welcome Mat is a free app developed by SumoMe team. It shows a full screen call to action when a visitor lands on your blog.
It looks something like this..
Why Use Welcome Mat?
Welcome Mat helps your visitors to easily find and join your email list. It is widely popular and almost every top blogger is now started using Welcome Mat to grow their list.
How To Use Welcome Mat?
Here’s how to use Welcome Mat to rapidly grow your email list.
Step 1: Click here to grab Welcome Mat for free from SumoMe's website. You just need to enter your site's URL along with your email and any password. You will have complete access to all the SumoMe tools, just find and install Welcome Mat from their apps.
Step 2: Install it from your WordPress dashboard and go to your blog’s home page and click on the Sumo Me icon at the top right to install Welcome Mat. Have a look at the below screenshot for better understanding.
Step 3: Welcome Mat gives you completely customizable design. You can tweak it however you want. Change the headline and use compelling call to actions to increase your email subscription rates. You can change the background and text color, font size and everything to make it look gorgeous.
Tip 2: 10x Your Email Signups by Using Content Upgrades
Content upgrades can help you build targeted subscribers who are interested in your content.
More than any other strategy, using content upgrades can help you build a high quality list of subscribers who are interested in buying your stuff.
What is a Content Upgrade?
And when you click on it, it will show you a lead box where it asks for your email!
See that? That’s how content upgrades work.
Why Should You Consider Using it?
Content upgrade asks you for your email when you are just about to read the meat of the article and it usually works like a charm while building a targeted email list.
How to Use Content Upgrades?
Here are 3 simple steps to use them effectively.
Step 1: Find out top 10 high traffic pages on your blog. Use Google analytics.
Step 2: Think about any resource (PDF, checklist, video..) that would make each of your high traffic page better. And then create it.
Step 3: Add that resource and watch your email list grow!
You can use this free WordPress plugin to create content upgrades for your sites.
But if you want more flexibility, you can use LeadPages to easily create professionally looking content upgrades even if you don’t know how to code!
Tip 3: Use Dedicated Landing Pages
If you are blogging for a while, you might have already heard about landing pages.
Landing pages can skyrocket your email signups. They give less distraction and usually focuses on just one goal. That’s the reason why almost every marketer uses landing pages on their blogs to increase their email opt-in rates along with their product sales.
If you are not using landing pages yet, you should start building them as soon as possible.
Here are few effective ways to use landing pages to quickly grow your email list.
- Use bullet points while creating landing pages. They are easy to digest and your audience can quickly decide whether to opt for your email list or not.
- Use high quality images. We all know images tell a thousand words. They are really effective in building converting landing pages.
- Keep your landing pages short. No need to write a detailed copy on your landing pages. Use the 5 seconds rule to draw your website visitors. Your audience should know what your landing page is all about within 5 seconds.
- Testing is the key to increasing your landing page conversions. Try split testing and create various versions of your landing pages with the different headlines to know which performs better to increase your email subscription rates.
- User powerful headlines. Spend more time in coming up with lots of headline ideas for your landing pages and use the best one. You can also use free tools like Portent to come up with great headlines quickly.
Here are few tools to create stunning landing pages for your sites.
- Unbounce: Unbounce is one of the widely used landing page builders. It has everything from A/B split testing to dynamic text replacement to beautifully designed templates to increase your landing page conversion rates. You can quickly grow your email subscribers by using their easy to build landing page builder.
- GetResponse: Most of you already know about GetResponse. It is the #1 software used for building an email list. They recently introduce a landing page creator where you can create stunning landing pages within minutes. The best part is you don't have to pay anything extra to use their landing page builder. You just need to have access to their account and you are all set to create beautifully designed landing pages where you can also perform A/B testing for optimal results.
Tip 4: Position Yourself as the Go-to Guy in a Small Niche
One of the biggest reasons most blogs fail to make money is they don’t focus on ONE topic.
Most blogs try to cover too many topics and fail to become an expert at one topic. That’s why most blogs fail!
No one listens to a beginner's advice. Everyone listens and buys stuff from experts.
Becoming an expert in your field is the fastest way to build and grow a high-quality massive email list. But how do you become an expert?
We all know, everyone wants to become an expert.
The problem is trying to be an expert in a big market. It's really not impossible to become a go-to guy in any field that too in a crowded online market.
That's the reason why you need to target small and laser focused market.
Focusing on a small niche can really help you build authority quickly and opens doors for growing a huge email list within a small segment.
Here are few tips to become to go-to guy in your field.
- Target influencers in your niche. Find out different ways to connect with them.
- Carefully scrutinize the top blogs and websites in your field. Find out all the pitfalls of them and try to find their solutions. Once you are done with it, contact those bloggers and offer free help. That’s how you can quickly build reputation online and build strong relationships with the experts.
- Don’t cover every topic under the sun. Make sure to nichify your blog’s topic and use divide and conquer technique. Once you target and conquer a single blog topic then move on to the other. For instance, if you are running a marketing blog instead of writing everything about marketing, talk just about email marketing. Once you grow your list around it, then move on to the next topic.
- Find out what your competitors are doing. Carefully analyze their popular content and their best performing keywords. You can use tools like SEMrush to fully analyze any website. Try using their highly popular keywords while creating content. It can help you boost your search results and sales.
Tip 5: Use Your Guest Posts Smartly!
Top bloggers like Leo Babauta, James Clear, Danny Iny, Jeff Goins etc smartly used guest blogging to quickly make their blogs successful. Whether you agree it or not, guest posting is still one of the most effective ways to build your audience and grow your email list.
If you are wondering how to skyrocket your email subscription rates with guest posting, here are few smart tips for you.
Use name-dropping technique: While writing guest posts, strategically link out to other bloggers (but make sure to add relevant links to the guest posts you are writing, otherwise it can backfire). Once the guest posts go live, let them know about it. Email them and tell them you like their content. That’s how you can build and grow strong relationships with the influential bloggers in your field.
Use “Expanded Guest Post” strategy: This was first coined by Bryan Harris from Videofruit.You can read more about this strategy here. In a nutshell, EGP (Expanded Guest Post) strategy is all about writing jaw dropping guest posts with a twist. By the end of your guest posts, people should click on your call to actions to subscribe to your email list.
So there you go! That’s how you can use your guest posts smartly to boost your email subscribers by leveraging other blog’s traffic.
Final Thoughts on Quickly Growing Your Email List
I know building a high quality email list is NOT easy.
There are so many list building strategies out there that people are using to grow their lists. But majority of those strategies are outdated. That means, they are not effective anymore.
That’s the reason why you need to find unique yet proven ways to grow your list.
The purpose of writing this post is to help you better understand about the different strategies used by few top bloggers to rapidly grow their email list.
So which one did you like most? Do you know any other insider list building strategies? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Hi, I’m Anil Agarwal, a professional blogger from New Delhi, India. I was doing blogging part time but recently started taking blogging as my full-time hobby, passion, career and a way to earn money from my blogging skills. I’m having a master degree in computers and I got the motivation to start BloggersPasion blog after seeing the success of some of the leading blogs in blogging and make money online niches like Problogger, ShoeMoney, and JohnChow.