SunSilk Marketing Strategy
This is a class project about marketing plan of new product launched by any company. This project is presented in the course Global Marketing which is offered in MBA.
In this project, we have to present new product idea and complete marketing plan regarding that new product.
Product idea should be new and should not be related to any existing product already launched in the market.
If an idea is related to any existing product then it must be advanced and much different with that product.
SUNSILK Marketing Plan
The new concept is color shampoo under the brand name of SUNSILK which is already famous all over the world.
This is the advanced form of shampoos and new feature adds up in the shampoo which is coloring hairs as well as removing dandruff and cleaning hairs.
The color shampoo is a shampoo which has the ability to color your hair every time when you use it. It is available in different colors and when you use different color shampoo every time it works.
The shampoo has the ability to clean your hair and remove dandruff but new SUNSILK color shampoo is not for removing dandruff or cleaning hairs but make hairs colorful.
Recommended Read: Coca-Cola Marketing Plan
SUNSILK COLOR shampoo is alternative of hair color tonic and it works simply.
UNILEVER Marketing Objectives
Every company has primary marketing objective and that is an increase of its sales. A company is made for earning the profit and with the help or maximizing sales high profit can be achieved.
Increase market share
When you try to increase sales actually you try to find your new customers and increase your customer leads. It means you try to maximize your market share.
Expand into overseas’ markets
Unilever has marketing objective is to expand into the overseas market. Unilever always tries to operate in different countries.
Be socially responsible i.e. ethical
Being a part or society Unilever has objective to be responsible socially .e. ethical. Ethics and common social values must be considered in Unilever’s marketing policies.
SUNSILK Color Shampoo Marketing Objectives
- Establish a strong brand image and consumer loyalty.
- Easiest and availability of the product to the target consumer.
- Create awareness about this uncommon product.
- Reduce cost
- Maintain positive strong growth in starting years
The target market is basically specific customers that will purchase your product or for whom you make a product.
- Female gender between the age of 14 to 30
- Especially target to fashionable girls
Why did they select?
Two reasons for selecting 14 to 30 years girls as a target market for SUNSILK COLOR SHAMPOO.
14 to 30 is normally age of fashion.
- This product is for fashionable girls.
- This is the only company, Unilever, that producing color shampoo.
- No Competition for this product as no other company is making this type of product.
- Positioning is your product’s desired image in your target customers or what do your customers actually think about your product.
- SUNSILK Color Shampoo is not only a hair color shampoo but dandruff removing shampoo also.
- SUNSILK Color Shampoo is suitable for all types of hairs.
- SUNSILK Color Shampoo is delivering Consumer Promise
Marketing Slogan is a tag line that company uses to make its customer easy to remember its product.
- Official SUNSILK Slogan: Because Life Can’t Wait
- Color Shampoo Slogan: Live in Colors
The marketing mix is a mixture of 4 different things.
It is also known as 4 Ps of products. One brand must contain these four characteristics.
The term “product” refers to tangible, physical products as well as services.
There is some important product decisions company has to be made:
Name of my color shampoo product is SUNSILK and company name is UNILEVER.
The primary function of color shampoo is coloring hair. The secondary function is cleaning hairs and removing dandruff.
Quality must be good because hairs are quite sensitive and can be damaged because of the low-quality product.
Safety of hairs and head’s skin is considered very important.
SUNSILK Color shampoo is available ordinary packages i.e. 100 ml and 250 ml.
- There are no competitors in the market.
- High price will be charged then the normal shampoo
- Price skimming strategy can also be used.
- There is no price discrimination.
Existing distribution network is used for this product also.
Market coverage Strategy
For SUNSILK Color shampoo “inclusive” market coverage strategy will be adopted. Every retail store, super store and beauty salon is the member of a distribution network.
Pull strategy will be used for this product. Complete and thorough information regarding product will transfer through advertising and other promotional techniques.
Marketing communications budget
High communication and advertising budget will allocate for this product.
Public relations & publicity
Other techniques like public relations & publicity will use.
Personal selling & sales force
Salesforce will hire for the promotion of this color shampoo that will visit homes and institutes for product demonstrations.
Heavy advertising will be made for this product.
- Electronic media
- Print media
- Free sampling
- Advertising alliance
The advertisement of a product should follow the smile approach that is:
- S- Simple: Advertising will very simple and easily understandable for all customers.
- M- Memorable: easily memorable
- I- Interesting with relevant information
- L- Linked to the brand: directly related to product characteristics.
- E-Emotionally involved and liked.